Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Moonlit Seduction by Megan J. Parker and Nathan Squiers

I seriously disliked short stories at one time. Intensely disliked. It was a long-lived dislike spanning most of my life. It all has to do with being a voracious reader and short stories being, well . . . short. I finish them so quickly I wonder why I even bothered. Then about three years ago, someone gave me a set of short stories to read and review. And I sort of changed my mind. Her shorts were actually really good! I was truly surprised anything that short could be worth reading.

Yes, I still prefer the tomes, something I can just sink into for hours if not days. Yet, there are still those pesky short stories. And sometimes, you just want something you can finish on your lunch break.

One recently came my way with a request, please would I review their book? Given who was doing the asking, there really was only one answer. Of course! And so began my love affair with yet another  book by the intrepid duo, Megan J. Parker and her husband Nathan Squiers. This one begins a new series (yay!) for them.

A vindictive witch feeling spurned because the man she wants is in love with another. In fact, his wife who also just happens to be pregnant with their first child. Yup, there's a curse, but not just on the man she wants for herself. Nope. Not just on the child in the womb. The witch's plans go much farther than that.

The craft Nathan perfected in his Crimson Shadow series is evident. And don't think I'm slighting Megan's talents either. Megan is an artist with words every bit as much as her husband. What makes this team so fantastic? When they collaborate, there's no telling where one left off and the other began. That is exactly the way it should be. I've long since been saying Nathan Squiers is a Bard. Megan has proven herself as gifted a Bard as well.

When authors as talented as these two put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard), you know what comes out will be anything but boring. So what to do about stars, hmm? No matter how much I love their work, my rating standards are published. I must abide by my own words. Sadly, I did find three errors. But for those I'd have have slammed down 5 stars. Regretfully, I can only give them 4.

Regardless, you do want to get this book. Yes, it's a short read. And yes, the stinkers left a cliffhanger on the curse. But you can't go wrong with a book written by this dynamic husband and wife team.

Coming out soon on Kindle Unlimited.

No comments:

Post a Comment