Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Eternal Immortality; Eternal Series, Book 2 by K.S. Haigwood

Second installment on the Eternal series. Woh.

This book backtracks slightly into Eternal Island to Abe's and Ariana's wedding reception, giving us a brief memory jog of how the first book ended. I found this to be a great tactic since I can't just read the last few pages of a book, even if it's one I've already read just to get up to speed for the next volume of the series.

Unaware how much his long time friend hurt Rainey when he left the island without a word seven years ago, Abe invited Deus to his wedding. Deus himself is unaware of how deeply Rainey's feelings for him go or that he is in love with her. And so begins the dance of Rainey protecting herself from further pain and Deus trying to understand what he did wrong and win her back.

Ah but that's not all. In Eternal Immortality, Haigwood shows us she can throw a wicked good curve ball, and not just once. Everyone who made it through the first book (more or less) alive comes back, but not everyone is who they seem to be.

A curse is lifted. Love is challenged and fought for on more than one front. Allies are found, as are angels, demons, and bears. (Oh my!) Well, the bears are really shapeshifters, but what do you expect on an island where all people paranormal are accepted as long as they live and let live. And there are angels, and demons do come to play, or fight.

Ariana's powers continue to develop and provide surprises for her friends. A new player declares his love for her and fights in unscrupulous ways to win her over. The biggest curve ball Haigwood throws in this book, of course, comes at the end and straight out of left field, if you'll forgive the baseball reference. (Sorry, no spoilers here.) Needless to say I was in shock.

I have read three books by this author so far. In this book, Haigwood has shown herself to be an author to watch, follow and read. My only disappointment came at the end of the book when I learned I would have to wait until June 2014 for the third book. This book is available at both Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

One caveat. This book does contain a couple of brief, moderately explicit scenes I feel are not suitable for younger readers. Paranormal romance for 17+.     

1 comment:

  1. What an amazing review, Joyce. I am deeply touched. It really means a lot to me when a reader takes the time to put their thoughts down about my books for others to read. I'm so happy you enjoyed the first two books in my 'Eternal' series. Thank you again! Hope I can keep you entertained for years to come. =D

    ReplyDelete