Monday, March 9, 2015

Guess who stopped by today?

You may or may not know, but Lavinia Urban is directly responsible for this blog. If it wasn't for her introducing me to K.S. Haigwood, the previous author in the spotlight, I would never have gotten into writing book reviews. Cause and effect being what it is, writing reviews led to wanting a blog. See, it's all her fault. 

I met Lavinia through the first book in her Erin the Fire Goddess series. I'm sure we all know language is a fluid thing. It grows and changes much the same way people and nations do. Since we live on opposite sides of the pond (i.e. the Atlantic Ocean) there are some words we define differently. Being the curious sort that I am, I sent her an email asking her to clear up the confusion on a few words. Thus began our Facebook friendship. 

A bit about Lavinia -

           Lavinia grew up in a small town in Cheshire, England, before moving to Scotland in 2000.
She now lives just outside Edinburgh with her husband Ian and their two daughters Erin and 
Kasey-ray.

Lavinia has been writing since an early age, something that both her children have inherited. She started with writing poetry, one of which was turned into lyrics for a song. By the age of 14, Lavinia had written seven books in an unpublished series.

After moving to Scotland she stopped writing for a while. It was only after writing a short story for her eldest daughter's school about anti-bullying and how you should stay in school and learn, that Lavinia felt the yearning to write again; this was also helped by her eldest daughter's thirst for literature when she asked her mother to write her another story. This was how her series, Erin the
Fire Goddess, came about. 

Occasionally, Lavinia has been known to give author talks. If you're interested in attending her next one, you will find her on March 30th this year at WHEC (Wester Hailes Education Centre) in Edinburgh. Let me know if you make it there.

She is currently working on book one of her next series. As her PA, you know I've had a peek. But don't ask, 'cause I'm not telling anything other than it's good. You'll know when it's ready to come out as I plan to shout it from here.

J: Can you tell us what you are working on now?

L: For right now, I am taking a short break from writing the next book in the Erin the Fire Goddess series – which will be epic when done and could be the final book in that series. Currently, I am working on a few new stories but mainly focusing on a new series called ‘Frozen in Time.’ The first title of this will be called Alimanti. Below is a sneak peek:  

Time waits for no man. It has its own schedule and doesn't give you extra seconds or minutes. It doesn't wait for you to say the things you want or do the things you need to. It doesn't wait around for you to say goodbye, to tell someone how much you love them. Before you know it, it is too late and you don't get a second chance for a do over. I know this all too well because last year my mum lost her battle to cancer. She was my rock. She was the most beautiful and loving mother who I loved, and still love unconditionally. But now I'm left with a gaping hole in my chest.

J: Just enough to tease. When can we look for Alimanti?

L: I am hoping that this book will be ready by the end of April (fingers and toes crossed). I have several projects on the go, but after the first book in the Frozen in Time series has been released, I will be going back to work on Erin the Fire Goddess.

Next year (2016), I will be doing my first book signing in Leeds, UK. I've given many book talks to hundreds of people, but I've never been to a signing.

Where to find Lavinia online:

Facebook:
Facebook author page
Erin the Fire Goddess Facebook page

Twitter:
@Lavinia_Missb
@Erinfiregoddess

Pinterest
https://www.pinterest.com/laviniaurban/

TSU

On her website

Google+
https://plus.google.com/u/0/+LaviniaUrban/posts/p/pub

YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/user/laviniamissb/

Blog
laviniaurban.blogspot.co.uk

Amazon (UK, US)

No comments:

Post a Comment