Monday, October 31, 2016

Twin Souls by DelSheree Gladden

I picked up this book because I knew it would be a clean read that involved a bit of Native American mythology. The story centers around a couple of teens, she is the daughter of the wealthiest man in town, he is the son of a rancher. Uriah has been in love with Claire for as long as he can remember. They come together when Claire orchestrates a fight with her boyfriend.

I am usually able to find something about a book that I like. I regret that is not the case with this one. The pace of this book is slow and uneven, at points boring. The editing is poor to non-existent.  I made it to page 95 before I finally had to give it up as a lost cause.

There are problems with missing words, extra words, incorrect words ("conceded" and "conceited" are NOT interchangeable). Some sentences read as though the author had a new thought/idea or just changed her mind mid-sentence. I cannot in good conscience recommend this book to readers in its current condition. I think the potential for a good story is in there somewhere, but at the time of writing this review, her book reads like a work in progress. I would urge the author to remove this book from sales and have it properly edited.

Because of the problems with the book at this time, I regretfully can only give it 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment