Wednesday, August 12, 2015

Destiny: Tempest (The Destiny Series, #1) by Mia Morgan

Where to start... There is a story in here somewhere, but the book is so riddled with errors that slogging through fifty-one pages was a chore. The errors start on the first page with incomplete sentences and just go on from there. The lack of spelling problems leads me to think the author used spellchecker. The abundance of other errors has me convinced the author failed to not only use beta readers, but also failed to proofread her own work.

There is far too much narrative about the company billionaire John MacBeth works for, so much so that it began to feel as though I were reading a different story altogether. There are sentences with extra words that confuse the reader as to what is being said (i.e. the author changed what she was going to write mid-sentence and failed to reread what she wrote).

So what can I say about the storyline, such as it is? Korinna is a bar waitress who picks up extra income working high-end events because she's very good at what she does. Her ex is a sleaze who likes to think she'll marry him and there's a billionaire attracted to her. There is potential here for a decent story. It just isn't there yet. Not even close.

The bottom line is this is not yet a story. This is a work-in-progress that should be pulled from all booksellers until it has been properly edited. I am grateful this story was free. Had I paid for a book in this condition, I would be much less happy about it than I am now.

Because this book was released before it was ready, I can only give one star. That being said, I cannot in good conscience recommend this book in its current condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment