Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Sold by Brad Lee Hayword

I enjoy a good horror story every once in a while. I'm a big fan of Stephen King, John Saul and a couple of others, so I'm not quite sure what was off about this book for me. The writing was there for the most part. There were places where it seemed to drag a bit. This story just never pulled me in, so I found reading this to be almost a chore. I'd get through a few pages and set it down, pick it up, read another page or so and set it back down again. It took over a month for me to get through this book.

This book has all the necessary parts of a horror story: a serial killer who falls under the control of a voodoo queen, haunted house, gullible people. Kate was not the most believable person for me, but then neither was her husband. Regretfully, I was never able to engage with the story and its characters.

I'm of the belief that if someone writes a story, there is a market for that book. Unfortunately, I'm not part of that demographic. Because I never connected with this story, I can only give it two stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment