Tuesday, December 9, 2014

A Kiss of Ashen Twilight (The Mortal Edition) (Ashen Twilight Series Book 1) by Rae Lori

I have mixed feelings about this book. While the story is in a genre I enjoy, the editing and proofreading left much to be desired. The errors ranged the gamut from missed punctuation to incorrect word choices to incorrect forms of words used.

This author shows a lot of promise, but the number of errors left me unwilling to spend money on future books by her. Before I take the step to purchase other books by this author, I will make use of the free hour of in-store reading time Barnes & Noble offers their Nook customers. Unlike Amazon, Barnes & Noble doesn't allow Nook users to automatically update a book that has been re-edited. Consequently, I am very thankful this was a free book.

My recommendation would be to pull the book and for the author to avail herself of either a couple of beta readers or a good editor. Had this book been properly edited, I would have happily bought every book in the series. I would have also given this book 4 stars. Due to lack of sufficient editing, I can only give this book 2 stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment