Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Lover (Scarlet Night Prequel) by Megan J. Parker

Of course I had to do things backwards and read Scarlet Night first. But it's all good. Seriously. The Lover, as the title indicates is a prequel to Scarlet Night. This is a very brief story introduces us to Serena and Devon and explains how he became a ghost. The story is sweet, intense, sad, and painful. A lot gets packed into ten pages. In spite of the low page count, I'm glad I bought the book. Having their history helps me to better understand Devon's part in Scarlet Night.

You really can't do much in ten pages, but Parker was still able to infuse them with the intense feelings of a love cut short and remembered by the one left behind. A poignant story I wish I'd read first. 5 stars

This book is available from Amazon, and Barnes & Noble.

No comments:

Post a Comment